Having a pet-friendly workplace has a lot of benefits. Pets in the workplace increase employee productivity, increase overall morale and, according to a survey by the American Pet Products Association, companies who welcome pets in their office see a decrease in employee stress levels and less absenteeism from work.
However, as much as we all love having our pets around, we also know they can cause messes, causing us, or our cleaning companies, to do a lot more cleaning. So, before you allow pets in your office make sure you have the pet cleaning supplies and know-how to keep your office clean.
- Encourage associates to clean up after their dogs right away.
Cleaning up messes immediately is the best way to prevent stains. It’s important that your associates know the best way to clean up spots to prevent damage to your floors.
Here’s how to properly clean a recent spot from carpet:
- Blot liquids with a dry, white absorbent cloth (no prints or colors). Using a colored material may transfer ink or dye onto the carpet.
- Never scrub or use a brush on carpet. Bristles and scrubbing can damage the carpet, causing it to wear out faster.
You should also encourage associates to keep carpet cleaning supplies in their office. Click here for recommended floor cleaners.
- Remove dog urine stains from carpet.
To clean dog urine from carpet, you’ll need the following cleaning supplies:
- Baking soda
Here’s how to remove the pet stain:
- Pour vinegar over the spot.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the vinegar.
- Let the baking soda sit for a while to soak up all of the vinegar (sometimes a day or two).
- Vacuum up the baking soda.
Still can’t get pet stain out of your carpet? Try one of our carpet cleaning machines.
- Get rid of dog odors in carpet.
In addition, to occasional messes, dogs can leave behind odors. These odors can make a bad first impression on potential customers and clients visiting your office. Fortunately, removing pet odors from carpet is fairly easy.
To remove odors from carpet you’ll need the following supplies:
- Baking soda
Here’s how to remove pet odors from carpet:
- Sprinkle baking soda over the carpet.
- Let it sit for several hours to soak up the odors.
- Vacuum up the baking soda, removing the odor.
- Keep dog hair at bay on office carpet and chairs.
In addition to odors, pets can leave hair everywhere in your office. This not only can make your office to look dirty, but it can wreak havoc on any of your associates who have pet dander allergies.
To keep your office clean and allergen-free, make sure your cleaning company is using a high-powered vacuum that will remove pet hair and allergens. Click here for office vacuum recommendations.